Search This Blog

10.11.2009

National Coming Out Day 2009


Hey everybody,

Today is National Coming Out Day and though I have been "out" for around 5 years now, in case you didn't know...I like boys AND girls! Woot!
The way I was raised, to believe that homosexuality is a choice, I never even thought about being attracted to women, yet I was. I remember my first real girl crush, and I even have a video diary entry lamenting over how beautiful and smart and funny she was...but I didn't get it then. I was so head-over-heels for her but I still stated my feelings toward her being "Like being in love but she's a girl so not" or something like that.
All those stereotypically lesbian attributes, that was/is me. I can change my own oil, change a flat tire in less than 5 minutes (in a dress without getting a smudge of grime on more than my fingers, no less), tune-up an American car (I miss you, 85 Dodge Charger and 84 Mustang...), was a tomboy growing up (only girl allowed in the "boy fort"; loved fishing, football, dissecting stuff, throwing worms at girls, and math; taught myself how to pee standing up - I know, TMI...), not overtly emotional, take up lots of "personal space" (e.g. taking up half the park bench when I sit down), competitive, overtly sexual, etc. etc. etc. Maybe these are stereotypes for a reason, although I know plenty of lesbians who have no idea how to even check their car's fluids, are extremely emotional, won't touch a bug, hate sports, and love Sex & the City (I know, I've dated them...Ha!).
I've always been attracted to women. Naked women have always turned me on more than men. I remember getting drunk at 19 with my ex-boyfriend and "hitting the club" where apparently I kept flirting with girls and telling them how pretty they were, warranting my ex's friends to tell him they thought I had "lesbian tendencies". I dismissed it at the time but soon realized the truth...I do have lesbian tendencies. Ha.
So from the age of 19 years, I've claimed that when it comes to having a romantic connection with someone, I won't discriminate against age, sex, or race. I'm an equal opportunity lover!
So, there. Yours truly is a big, fat bi-sexual and I will never be ashamed of my love for the ladies (and the menfolks).

Happy Coming Out Day to all of you "first-timers". I hope you get the respect and acceptance that we all deserve.

-Me

Bi-Pride (he he)

StumbleUpon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment